Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hershey's


Weather was so pleasant outside.I was in my lab on 8th floor of CDM.It took 3 hrs to render my image.Finally the computer crashed .It really pissed me off.
Hot cocoa in Hersheys is my all time fav.What makes it different is the tiny cocoa chips with hersheys coca syrup and whipped cream on the top.It brings smile on my face when I sit on the bean bag in Hersheys and sip cocoa watching people who are so busy in their own schedules.To end a dull and tiresome day it is always good to have a hot cocoa.Giggle..Seems to me like an ad.I visit Hersheys daily and have a hot cup of cocoa.The closer you bring the cup to ur lips the more your eye lids close and that is a sign of relishing.I wonder how these cocoa beans which are so bitter turns in to yummmyyy drink. How much I wished to marry a guy who works in a Chocolate shop so that I can have chocolates every single day at free of cost Giggle…(JK)
Days passed on and slowly the weather turned out to be more cold.I became quite busy with my job ,assignments and other projects.It has been so many days since I visited hershey's.One day I thought how ever busy I was that day, I should visit hershey's .It was around 5:45 pm.I went walking to hersheys.The cashier was a cute little guy who serves me more cocoa chips in my hot cocoa.I like him.I turned around to get my seat.But there was some one else who sat there.I wondered who that person was.Whoever she is, I never bothered to look at her.Her back was facing me.I sat behind her.Our backs were facing each other.I felt like as if that place was just for me in Hersheys.I realized by then that once you lost the touch of whatever it is, it goes far away from you.That thought was too much for this reason. “Lost in touch “ phrase reminds me of something.
Trinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg……… Hate this bell sound.I came back from school and threw my shoes and socks which made my mom upset day by day.Did I care?I never did. Throw is the only word I knew for objects.I never put anything in a proper place.Went in to my room and took my cute little cordless phone and called my friend Pooja.she is the best friend of mine.We never used to have hours of chat over the phone but we speak every day over the phone for some important things.Giggle..The day I called her was Friday.There is a reason as to why we talk on that day.Becasue we discuss what to wear on Saturday .We get to wear lots of junk and try to look as pretty as we can with lots of funky stuff.And Friday night we try everything on us infront of mirror.Mom really hates this.Ofcourse they do.
It’s a colorful day and that’s Saturday.I was eagerly waiting for the school bus to come and see my friend how she got dressed and to show off my stuff.Giggle….Here the bus comes.We said hi to each other and we sat together all the time.We sat in the same bench.We don’t like playing games and spent our time chating and gosipping by hiding behind the trees.My games teacher was very strict when it comes to physical training.We never cared though.We went together to the class and ofcourse all the girls try to look at us in a way that they can never dress up like how we did.It turns out to be who looks good on Saturdays.Myself and my friend Pooja spoke about all the stuff like, how to look cool and pretty and many things like that.We were good at studies too.We studied together by having a time table.Lovely time. I call her Poo .Little jealous if some one else calls her poo for I am her best friend.She never used to care if some one calls poo and that is time where I fight with her that she is “my” best friend and not some one else’s.We exchange some stuff like hair bands,scrunchies,ear rings,shoes,rings except for our dresses.Giggle….And this is how our satrday just ends after a long time plan of how to get ready for Saturday.By the time bell rings we walk together to the bus and I see to that no one sits in our place and if some one dares to sit they are done for that eve.Poo is so soft in her voice and she always asked me to be so nice to ones who go against us.I never agreed for that.
That Saturday I was so eager to go home.Poo was so sad that she will miss me till Monday morning.I told her not to feel bad about that for I will call her in the evening.The reason I was so eager to get home was that my aunt(my mom’s sister) is going to come from USA after 5 years.It has been so long since I saw her and she has got a baby boy and that’s my little brother.By the time I reach home she will be in my grandma's home.I had a long smile on my face.Poo was happy to hear this.And my stop has arrived and said bye to poo.I got down from the bus.Usually I get down from the bus and go to the place where she sits and touch her fingers to say bye again.That's a sign for us which means see ya tommorow.That evening I got down from the bus and walked a lil distance and I heard some one calling me Bins.Poo called me..Ahhhhhhhh I forgot to touch her fingers to say bye…Huh….The bus was about the start.I ran and touched her fingers. By the time I turned back I saw a cycle heading towards me and that guy lost his balance and pushed me .I got hurt but never cared and went home running.I never bothered to think what class works are pending for Monday morning.Do I really care???Giggle..
My mom stood outside and asked me to put things in a proper place and only if I put them I will be going with them to grandma’s home.I nodded my head and had difficult time in placing things in order for I have never done that.I was dressed up so well as my aunt is going to see me after 5 years.I wanted to show off to my aunt.I called Poo and told her that I will not be home to night .I reached grandma’s home and ran upstairs and hugged my aunt and cried out loud, out of happiness went running to see my baby brother .My mom hit me on my head to low my voice and to stop my talk for sometime.I never cared .I did what I want to.Ofcourse I do care when she puts me in to a dark room or hits me hard enough on my cheek.My aunt took me to her room and surprised me by giving chocolates. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm …..Was I waiting for the chocolates or my aunt???? I thought for a sec. And chocolate appeared in my mind and aunt in my heart.Giggle……So that’s very fine.All were Hersheys.There are bars,nuggets,cocoa powder,caramel filled,dark,almond covered with choc,syrup,peanut butter filled,raspberry filled.Ahhh…..I got remembered of nothing when I saw all of that.Icalled Poo form my grabdma's home and told her what aunt gifted.She was so eager to taste them all.
And the night just went on and finally I slept after hiding chocolates in my secret place.
Back to school on Monday morning.I took different choclates of Hershey's to school especially for Poo.Maths class was going on.She was teaching us Geometry and I remember so well what she was teaching.It was about Trapezium.And I took out hersheys nugget and told poo that it has the same shape as what teacher is teaching about.A rude one from behind asked me to stop showing off.I and Poo were eagerly waiting for break time to eat them.During the lunch time we went to our old banyan tree where we sit on a crude granite stone bench and had all the chocolates and told her a lot about hersheys.I read a book my aunt got and she told me a lot about that choclate store too.Poo liked them so much.As soon as the bus reached my stop when I was about the say bye to her she asked me to bring in more hersheys the next day.I asked mom if I can take half of them to my friend poo.She never said no to anything when it comes to Poo .She knows how much she means to me.
So this went on till my choclates are done one day.My aunt flew to Chicago and promised me that she will get more Hersheys the next time she flew to India.I was so happy.And days went on and we were in our tenth grade.Things went pretty serious when it's about studies.The day has come finally to bid bye to all of our friends and especially to Poo.We both had tears in our eyes.Never thought that day would come to part us.We finally ate our cake and said bye to all of them.Myself and Poo had great silence for sometime.We got in to the bus and sat in our place and tears went rolling out of our eyes slowly.We hid each other faces inorder not to show any ofour expressions to each other.My stop has arrived and I got down and said bye to her and touched her fingers.I gave her a brown bag and asked her to open that as soon as she reaches home.She was so fair and lovely that her cheeks turned pink and said bye.I waited till the bus took a turn and kept waving my hand .I expected her call as soon as she reaches home.It takes 15 more minutes for her stop and 15 more minutes to walk home.There was no call from her.My mom arranged a party to night as I was done with my school.I was busy in the party and the phone rang .Dad told me that it was Poo .I ran and scolded her for not caling me so soon.She burst in to tears and said that she will be moving to North soon and thanked me for my gift.That brown bag had Hershey's choclates which I asked my aunt to send.Poo said she will mail me the number as soon as she reaches there.The party kept me little busy and days went on.Poo left and she never called me.By this time my number has changed.Even if Poo calls she can never reach me.That is how we lost in touch.
Huh......(sighing).......Now I am at hersheys looking in to the empty cup and thinking if at all I can meet her again.How much we like hersheys...And slowly got up to go home.and some one from behind bymistake pushed me and turned back to say sorry.I was like shocked for a moment.We looked at hersheys cup and smiled and tears in our eyes and what are we waiting for!Hugs and hugs...It was Poooooooooooooooooooooo. We didn't speak for a moment.Eager to know how the voices are changed ,eager to know how we changed in different ways.We walked together and spoke for a along time.She settled here in USA and came to Chicago for her husband's conference.As she was walking by she saw hersheys and got remembered of what I told you all for so long.She sat in the same place where I used to sit.She got remembered of the past when she saw Hersheys and I got remembered of the past when I thought of the phrase lost in touch ,but we met because of Hersheys.Thanks to Hersheys.Long live Hersheys which made us to meet after a long long time.This time we made sure of our contacts,emails,phone numbers and whatever we can to stay in touch forever from then.

No comments: